Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Want to Spice Up Your Screencasts?

Mojiti is a new free online tool that allows you to edit and enhance your online videos and screencasts. It has a VH1 Pop Up Video kind of feel to it but with MANY more features.

Mojiti allows you to insert text boxes, animation, subtitles, free-hand drawings, images, and audio and video media spots.

Click on this link to see a nice video summarizing Mojiti’s features: http://mojiti.com/learn

To enhance my video using Mojito I first posted my video on a website (Google Videos) and copied and pasted the URL onto Mojiti’s site. (Note: Using the URL from Blogger did not work for me, I had to use the URL from Google Video).

Some of our videos do not have the best visual quality and using Mojiti allowed me to add arrows, circles and other helpful indicators to direct the viewer to the specific part of the page to which I was referring.

I found the "thought bubbles" and "speech bubbles" very useful for conveying, implying, or reiterating thoughts not explicitly mentioned in my video. I choose to use thought bubbles to imply information and speech bubbles to reiterate information.

Similar to sports scores or weather advisories that scroll across the bottom of your TV screen during a TV episode, by using text in your video, you can convey more information to your viewer without having to verbalize it all.

You can use HTML code from Mojiti’s site to embed your Spot Set on your own website. You can also email a link to your video to your friends. You can even create RSS feeds of your videos using Mojiti!

I think this is a great tool that provides video creators with more artistic capability.

See the video below: BioS video recently enhanced by Mojiti

1 comment:

Mariana M said...

Very helpful info, thanks Julie!